This is a part time position that works during events and weddings that are held at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage. The hours vary depending on the time of year and type of event. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get experience in the wedding and event planning industries.
Duties include assisting in-house event and wedding coordinator during weddings, events, and rehearsals.
- On-Site Event Managers will be in charge of minor decisions the day of the event while overseeing the protection of the venues located at The Hermitage. The position requires availability on Fridays and Saturday- no exceptions, in addition to week nights as required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must ensure events begin and end at the times specified in the Facility Rental Agreement and signed by the client and Event Sales Manager.
- Some paperwork duties will be required prior to events.
- Must be available during the rental time frame unless requested differently by the Event Sales Manager. Time frames range between six and twelve hours.
- Will be responsible for asking Security Guards to unlock & lock facilities in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Must keep a Hermitage two-way radio on them at all times and follow procedures for use outlined by the Security Office and Event Sales Manager.
- Must ensure that Hermitage staff, catering staff, and client follow clean-up procedures as outlined in the Rental Regulations documents.
- Will assist onsite wedding coordinator during weddings.
Education/training: High School degree a minimum requirement, college degree preferred.
Event or Wedding Coordinating Experience or Skills are preferred.